Moving Your Belongings
Moving your belongings
Before moving to the Republic of Armenia for permanent residency, it is important to be informed about some specifics regarding the import of items (property, things) for your personal use.
First of all, you should know that the import of items and cars brought with you when moving to Armenia for permanent residency for personal use can be carried out on preferential terms, that is, without customs duties, in the following cases:
- if you have RA citizenship or a special or permanent residence permit in the Republic of Armenia,
- if you were absent from the Republic of Armenia for at least 915 days from 1825 days (5 years) period prior to the issuance of the above documents,
- if you have not previously used these privileges, which means you have not imported your belongings and cars to the Republic of Armenia without paying customs duties.
In order to receive customs privileges when importing your personal belongings, you can take with you items for personal use without factory packaging and labeling, as well as items for family, household and other needs. Items related to work/business activities cannot be imported without paying customs duties.
You can import the following belongings (items) for personal use without customs duties:
- household and personal appliances - 3 of each type (refrigerator, TV, washing machine, etc.),
- one full set of each type of furniture (for bedroom, kitchen, living room),
- a vehicle for personal use (cars, moto vehicles, trailers for vehicles, one of each, which, when imported into the Republic of Armenia, was the sole property of a person being moved for permanent residence in the former country of residence of the latter and it was purchased and registered in the name of this person at least six months ago and there is a document confirming this),
- other personal items and household goods without quantitative restrictions (clothing, tableware, books, etc.).
List of required documents
The list of documents that you will need when starting this process:
- An application addressed to the Head of the Customs Service of the SRC of the Republic of Armenia (with the following documents attached (to be filled in on the spot)
- A detailed inventory which includes the name, weight, quantity of each item, including their values (list of products, invoices)
- A copy of the passport or a document confirming the right to permanent residence in the Republic of Armenia-a residence card, or a document provided by the authorized body of the Government of the Republic of Armenia confirming the status of a refugee, an internally displaced person
- A document certifying permanent residence in a foreign country (passport, residence card, another document with international ratification/apostille or RA consular ratification)
- The original of the contract on the transfer of property and payment order concluded with the cargo company
- When importing a vehicle for personal use -documents confirming the fact of registration and ownership of this vehicle in the name of an individual, issued by the authorized body of a foreign state
- A document confirming the recognition of the fact of moving to the Republic of Armenia for permanent residence from the Passport and Visa Department of the RA Police.
Documents issued by foreign states, except for the passport, are submitted with apostille and with a notarized translation.
A person moving to permanent residence in RA must have registration at any address.
After receiving the documents, a person can submit an application to the customs authorities of the Republic of Armenia both on paper and electronically by sending it to the official address of the State Revenue Committee of the Republic of Armenia (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by visiting the Araratyan Customs House Department- Tsovakal Isakovi Ave., 10 Building, Yerevan 0082 or the State Revenue Committee- Movses Khorenatsi St., 3/7 Building, Yerevan 0015.
The customs authority processes the application even if the document confirming the fact of permanent residence in RA has not been submitted.
After examining the documents, the customs authority within a few working days (maximum 10 days, if the document confirming the recognition of the fact of permanent residence is requested by the customs service from the Passport and Visa Office) allows to declare the items for personal use, including the means of transport, without payment of customs duties or refuses if the requirements of the law are not met.
- The import from the country of former residence to the customs territory of the Eurasian Economic Union (which includes RA) can be carried out no later than 18 months from the moment when a foreign natural person receives a certificate confirming the fact of recognizing a person moved to RA for permanent residence or the documents confirming the fact of obtaining the status of a refugee or a forcibly displaced person.
- The territory occupied by the personal items located in the customs warehouses is subject to payment, while the stay in the customs territory of the car (in the city of Gyumri) is free of charge.
- The certificate of return to the Republic of Armenia issued by the bodies of the RA diplomatic service is not considered a document confirming the fact of residence in a foreign state.
Bringing your pets to Armenia
In order to transport any kind of PET to Armenia, you must have the permission and a health certificate from a veterinarian, which proves that the animal is cleared of rabies or other diseases.
Please apply to the food safety inspection body of the Republic of Armenia
Tel: +374 15 40 40 40 /220/
Address: RA, Yerevan, 0051, 49/2 Komitas Ave.
In order to transport any kind of ANIMAL to Armenia, you must have the permission and a health certificate from a veterinarian, which proves that the animal is cleared of rabies or other diseases.
Please apply to the Ministry of Environment of the Republic of Armenia
Hot line: +374 11 8185 59
Address: RA, Yerevan, 0010, Republic Square, Government House 3
- Vaccination certificate
- Veterinary health certificate
- Animal passport
- Animal photo
For more information please feel free to contact our Repatriation Department.
Division Head: Hovhannes Aleksanyan
Phone: (+37410) 51-55-32