Moving Your Belongings
Moving your belongings
Before moving to the Republic of Armenia for permanent residency you should become familiar with the features and regulations on importing your personal belongings.
When moving to Armenia for permanent residency, the import of belongings brought with you for personal use can be carried out on preferential terms. You can bring your belongings without paying customs duties and fees in the following cases:
- if you have not lived in the territory of the Republic of Armenia for the last 5 years and you have RA citizenship or a special or permanent (long-term) residence permit in the Republic of Armenia
- if you were absent from the Republic of Armenia for at least 915 days from 1825 days (5 years) period prior to the issuance of the above documents
- if you have not previously used these privileges, which means you have not imported your belongings to the Republic of Armenia without paying customs duties and fees.
In order to receive customs privileges when importing your personal belongings, your belongings must be without factory packaging and labeling and must be for personal use. Items related to work/business activities cannot be imported without paying customs duties and fees.
You can import the following belongings (items) for personal use without customs duties:
- Electronic equipment for personal use (maximum 3 of each) which must be used and show some wear and tear, and not be in new/original packaging;
- One full set of each type of furniture for personal use only;
- One vehicle for personal use (cars, moto vehicles, trailers for vehicles), which was registered to your name at least 6 months prior to being imported to the Republic of Armenia, documents proving ownership at least 6 months prior must be present;
- Other personal items not mentioned above such as clothing, books, bedding, etc.
List of required documents
List of documents that you will need to move your belongings without customs fees.
- Application to the customs body with the following documents attached;
- A detailed inventory which includes the name, weight, quantity of each item, including their values (list of products, invoices);
- A copy of your passport or document certifying your right of permanent residence in the Republic of Armenia (reference of the application);
- A document certifying permanent residence in a foreign country (passport, residence card, another document with international ratification/apostille or RA consular ratification);
- The original receipts for payment of property transportation;
- Document certifying ownership of vehicle (cars, moto vehicles, trailers for vehicles) and confirming registration by an authorized body of a foreign state;
Please remember that all documents issued by foreign countries are submitted by a notarized translation.
Bringing your pets to Armenia
In order to transport any kind of pet or animal to Armenia, you must have the permission of the Ministry of Environment of the Republic of Armenia and a health certificate from a veterinarian, which proves that the animal is cleared of rabies or other diseases. You will need:
- Vaccination certificate
- Veterinary health certificate
- Animal passport
- Animal photo
For more information please feel free to contact our Repatriation Department.
Division Head: Hovhannes Aleksanyan
Phone: (+37410) 58-91-55