5. Register with Military Office
Military service is mandatory for male citizens of the Republic of Armenia aged 18 to 27. The service lasts for two years. Citizens of the Republic of Armenia between the ages of 27 and 58 must be registered in the military reserve force and, in case of mobilization, can be called up for military service. It is necessary to register at the republican/territorial military commissariat before getting a passport.
Male representatives who have received RA citizenship are enlisted in the reserve forces of the RA Armed Forces. Citizens enlisted in the reserve are divided into ordinary, non-commissioned officers and officers of the reserve and the age of being in the reserve of private and junior officers can reach till 50-58 years old.
After receiving confirmation of granting RA citizenship, you need to do the following steps:
- Visit the Citizenship and Migration Service of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Armenia (formerly OVIR) to apply for passport of the Republic of Armenia (pre-register through the electronic service e-request.am),
- After that receive a referral for registration from the Citizenship and Migration Service of the Ministry of Internal Affairs (from the OVIR) and take the referral to the Military registration and enlistment commissariat,
- Do not forget to take the military ID with you, if you have one, after which a registration card in your name is opened,
- Pass a medical examination, pass medical tests according to the list that will be provided at the Military registration and enlistment commissariat,
- Register at the military registration and enlistment commissariat and take the registration sheet / confirmation of registration from the military enlistment office to the Citizenship and Migration Service of the Ministry of Internal Affairs and receive a passport.
It usually takes several days.