Diaspora Youth Ambassador
17 April 2023
15 June 2023
Creating a network of Armenian youth ambassadors
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Office of the High Commissioner for Diaspora Affairs of the Republic of Armenia will implement the Diaspora Youth Ambassador program (Training for Diaspora Armenian Youth Leaders). The program aims to enable Diaspora Armenian youth to expand their views on Armenia’s political, social, economic and other issues, support their greater involvement in community life, and increase the efficiency of their activities, through the transfer of new knowledge, skills, exchange of experiences, and networking. As well as, contribute to the formation and development of cooperation between youth from various Diaspora communities, Armenia and Artsakh.
The program is for one year and covers the period from September 2023 to August 2024, of which 2-weeks will be spent in Armenia, from September 24 to October 7, 2023. Throughout the rest of the year participants will carry out activities planned during the program in their communities.
The program will be conducted in Armenian. It will be a blend of theoretical and practical work and include a number of lectures, workshops and meetings. Participants will visit state, scientific-educational, cultural and technological institutions and memorials.
In the communities, the participants will carry out informational and community meetings, inter-community experience exchange activities, and work with the media.
Those who successfully complete the program will receive certificates.
TERMS OF PARTICIPATION
Participants will be responsible for their transportation costs to and from Armenia for the two week in country portion of the program, and will obtain travel insurance at their own expense.
The organizers will provide:
- accommodation and meals in Armenia,
- entrance to museums, cultural and public places/institutions,
- transportation within Armenia, during the two week in country portion of the program.
The program is funded by the Government of the Republic of Armenia with the support of the “Jinishian’’ Memorial Foundation.
Participants will be selected based on the following selection criteria:
- be 22-35 years old of Armenian origin;
- have lived in the Diaspora for at least 5 years;
- working knowledge of Armenian (ability to understand and communicate);
- be actively involved in community life, leader or member of Diaspora youth organizations; representative of community and/or religious organization, etc.;
- have experience in organizing community programs/events;
- ready to invest the knowledge gained during the program to make their activities more effective in the community and contribute to the strengthening of Armenia-Diaspora relations;
- have experience working with social media platforms or media (preferable).
Selected participants will have the opportunity to become partners of the Office of the High Commissioner for Diaspora Affairs in the communities, and to expand the network of Diaspora Youth Ambassadors through their involvement.
HOW TO APPLY?
Applications are open starting April 17, 2023.
Participants will need to submit:
- completed online application,
- motivation letter,
- contact information of two references familiar with their activities (please note that at least one of them should be from the community: spiritual or community leaders, head of youth organization, etc.).
The applicant must submit their completed application and all materials, in the language of their choice (Armenian/Russian/English). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The submission deadline is June 15, 2023 at midnight Yerevan time.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to interviews in June.
To apply please complete the application
In 2021, 104 Diaspora Armenians from 24 countries applied to the program. 20 were selected from 16 countries around the world. To meet this year’s Diaspora Youth Ambassadors, click here.
20 Diaspora Youth Ambassadors from 12 countries will participate in the 2022 program. They are from the USA, India, UAE, Germany, Belgium, Syria, Spain, France, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Russia, and Kyrgyzstan. To meet this year’s Diaspora Youth Ambassadors, click here.
If you have any questions, please contact us:
Phone: (+374) 10 515525, (+374) 41879453 (WhatsApp, Viber, Telegram).
Please see below the video summaries of 2021-2022, 2022-2023 Diaspora Youth Ambassador programs.