Diaspora Youth Ambassador
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Office of the High Commissioner for Diaspora Affairs of the Republic of Armenia will implement the "Diaspora Youth Ambassador" program ("Training for Diaspora Young Leaders") from September 25 to October 8, 2022.
The program aims to enable Diaspora Armenian youth to enlarge their views on Armenia’s and Artsakh's political, social, economic and other issues, to support their greater involvement in community life through the transfer of new knowledge and skills, to contribute to the establishment of contacts between different Diaspora communities, as well as the youth from Armenia and Artsakh.
The program will be a blend of theoretical and practical work and include a number of lectures, workshops and meetings. Participants will visit state, scientific-educational, cultural and technological institutions, memorials, and take part in cultural events.
The program will last one year, of which 2 weeks will be spent in Armenia. Throughout the rest of the year, participants will be conducting the following activities in their countries of residence: community meetings, inter-community experience exchange activities, publications and informative activities related to the Office and other Armenian programs on social platforms and media.
The program will be conducted in Armenian.
Those who successfully complete the program will receive certificates.
Participants will be responsible for their transportation costs to and from Armenia for the two week in country portion of the program, and will obtain travel insurance at their own expense.
The program will provide:
- accommodation and meals in Armenia,
- entrance to museums, cultural and public places/institutions,
- transportation within Armenian, during the two week in country portion of the program.
The program is funded by the Government of the Republic of Armenia with the support of the “Jinishian’’ Memorial Foundation.
Participants will be selected based on the following selection criteria:
- be 22-35 years old of Armenian origin;
- living in the Diaspora for at least 5 years;
- be active and representative members of the Armenian community in the Diaspora;
- possess a good understanding of Armenian;
- desire to contribute to the strengthening of Armenia-Diaspora relations, acquire new knowledge and skills to make their work in the community more effective;
- have some experience working with social media platforms or media (preferable).
The selected participants will have the opportunity to become direct partners of the Office of the High Commissioner for Diaspora Affairs in the communities, and to expand the network of Diaspora Youth Ambassadors through their involvement.
Applications are open starting May 16, 2022. The submission deadline is July 1, 2022, at midnight Yerevan time. To apply, click here.
Participants will need to submit:
- motivation letter,
- contact information of two references (community, religious leaders, academic and/or professional) who are familiar to the applicant’s activities.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to interviews in July.
We request that all attachments and the application form are submitted in one language (Armenian/ Russian/ English).
In 2021, 104 Diaspora Armenians from 24 countries applied to the program. 20 were selected from 16 countries around the world. To meet this year’s Diaspora Youth Ambassadors, click here.
If you have any questions, please contact us:
Phone: (+374) 10 515525, (+374) 41879453 (WhatsApp, Viber, Telegram).