School of Young Leaders
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Office of the High Commissioner for Diaspora Affairs of the Republic of Armenia will implement, the "School of Young Leaders" is a two-week long leadership training program that takes place every summer.
The aims of the program are,
to solve the issue of more organizing and consolidating the youth potential in Diaspora communities, to developing leadership skills and community governance abilities in young leaders,
- to discuss with Diaspora youth leaders matters related to Armenia's domestic and foreign policy, challenges related to defense and security, issues of national interests, new approaches of state policy directed to strengthening the Armenia-Diaspora partnership and issues of concern to the youth
- to offer opportunities for organizing effective governing mechanisms in Diaspora communities, in order to activate youth potential and strengthen ties with Armenia
The program has a theoretical and practical nature consisting of lectures, discussions, and workshops. The program also includes visits to historical-cultural and recreational sites, meetings with state bodies and political figures, and attending cultural events.
The language of the program is Armenian.
- ‘’Leadership, governing and communication’’
- ‘’Armenia-Diaspora collaboration’’
- ‘’National Security issues’’
- ‘’Foreign Policy’’
- ‘’Diaspora-Armenia Agenda’’
On the first day of the program, participants will select topics on which they will work on either in teams or as individuals and present the final project in the participant’s preferred language. At the end of the program, certificates will be given to the participants on the basis of the final project result, (the participant's attendance will also be taken into account).
Terms of participation
Participation in the program is open to those 22-35 years old Diaspora Armenians who are not citizens of the Republic of Armenia (with the exception of Diaspora Armenians who have dual citizenship and do not have foreign citizenship but have a residence right in the given country) who:
- have not previously participated in the School of Leaders/Diaspora Young Leaders program
- is a leader or a representative1 of a Diaspora youth, community, religious or student organization
- are actively involved both in the community life and in various pan-Armenian and international undertakings
- are ready to introduce the knowledge gained during the training course in solving community issues and through their activities contribute to the strengthening of Armenia-Diaspora relations
The costs of travel to and from Armenia, as well as of the travel insurance2 will be covered by the participant. The accommodation and transportation costs within the framework of the program will be covered by the RA Government.
1. Each organization may be represented by a maximum of two people.
2. The presence of travel insurance is mandatory.
NOTICE: Please note that due to the COVID-19 global pandemic all of our upcoming programs are subject to change. Please follow our news and updates for more information.
If you have any questions please contact
Phone: 010585601 (702), 060500830