About «iGorts 2023»
A program which invites Diaspora Armenian professionals to serve in the public sector and in the government of the Republic of Armenia.
The Republic of Armenia's Office of the High Commissioner for Diaspora Affairs announces the launch of the «iGorts 2023» program, which invites Diaspora Armenian professionals to serve in Armenia’s and Artsakh’s government for a duration of one year.
Following an application and interview process, Diaspora professionals will be placed in state agencies across different sectors in need of their expertise․ The selected participants will contribute to the improvement and the development of programs and policies within state institutions.
This program is financed by the Republic of Armenia and all accepted candidates will receive:
- A round-trip air ticket;
- A monthly stipend of 336.000 AMD to cover living expenses for the duration of their fellowship;
- Emergency medical insurance;
- Fee for a one-year residency permit.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 5 years of relevant work experience OR a Master’s degree (or equivalent, or higher) with at least 3 years of relevant work experience
- Must have studied and/or worked in the Diaspora for at least 5 years
Fluency in spoken Armenian is highly desirable.
The following areas of expertise are prioritized for the program (please note that this is not an exhaustive list):
- Political science, public administration, international affairs, conflict resolution, and similar areas of study
- Sociology and social work
- Security studies
- Cultural studies
- Legal studies
- Computer Science & Information Technologies
- Communication and media studies
- Disaster Risk Management
- Environmental studies
- Urban planning and waste management
- Medicine and health sciences
- International Business
This year 270 Diaspora Armenian specialists applied to participate in the «iGorts» program of Diaspora Armenian specialists in the government of the Republic of Armenia. They are representatives of 31 countries: USA, France, Austria, Germany, Italy, Iraq, Ecuador, Iran, Brazil, Russia, Argentina, Ukraine, Georgia, Syria, Lebanon, Sweden, Turkmenistan, Netherlands, Portugal, Jordan, Uzbekistan, Spain, Belarus, United Arab Emirates, Canada, Kazakhstan, Australia, China, Bulgaria, Great Britain, Belgium. Applicants of 2023 have already chosen the desired place of future work from 36 departments. In June, they will begin online interviews with representatives of the public administration system and program coordination team. In September, 50 specialists who have successfully passed the interviews will go to work in the state bodies of the Republic.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Phone: +374 10 515 514, +374 10 515 538, +374 96 515 538 (WhatsApp)