02 March 2021
15 April 2021
A program for Diaspora Armenian professionals to serve in the Armenian Government
About iGorts 2021
iGorts: A program which invites Diaspora Armenian professionals to serve in the Republic of Armenia government
The Republic of Armenia's Office of the High Commissioner for Diaspora Affairs announces the launch of the “iGorts” 2021 program, which invites Diaspora Armenian professionals to serve in Armenia's government for a duration of one year.
Following an application and interview process, Diaspora professionals will be placed in state agencies across different sectors in need of their expertise and will contribute to the improvement and the development of programs and policies within the state institution.
This program is financed by the Republic of Armenia and all accepted candidates will receive:
- a round-trip air ticket;
- a monthly stipend of 336.000 AMD to cover living expenses for 1 year;
- emergency medical insurance;
- one-year residency permit.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 5 years of relevant work experience OR a Master’s degree (or higher) with at least 3 years of relevant work experience
- Must have studied and/or worked in the Diaspora for at least 5 years
- Fluency in spoken Armenian is highly desirable
The following areas of expertise are prioritized for this year (please note that this is not an exhaustive list):
- Political science, public administration, international affairs, conflict resolution, and similar areas of study
- Sociology and social work
- Security studies
- Cultural studies
- Legal studies
- Computer Science & Information Technologies
- Communication and media studies
- Disaster Risk Management
- Environmental studies
- Urban planning and waste management
- Medicine and health sciences
- International Business
The program will begin on September 1, 2021, and will last for 12 months.
► Applications are open – click here to apply now!
In order to complete the application form, you will be required to upload two recommendation letters and your CV. Please have them ready before you start filling the form.
The application deadline is on April 15, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
If you have any questions, please contact us:
Phone: +374 10 515 514, +374 43 031 077 (WhatsApp / Viber / Telegram)
About iGorts 2020
The iGorts Fellowship Program was launched in September 2020. Following the selection process, Armenian professionals from around the world were invited to serve in the Government of Armenia; 52 participants from 19 different countries currently work in 19 state institutions of the Republic of Armenia.
► Click here to meet the iGorts 2020 participants.
iGorts 2020 Fellows Serve in
- Ministry of Health
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs
- Ministry of Justice
- National Assembly
- Ministry of High-Tech Industry
- Ministry of Economy
- Ministry of Education, Science, Culture and Sports
- Ministry of Environment
- Ministry of Territorial Administration and Infrastructure
- Office of the High Commissioner for Diaspora Affairs
- Office of the Prime Minister
- Office of the Human Rights Defender
- Migration Service
- Armenia’s National Interests Fund
- Municipality of Yerevan
- Education Inspectorate
- Commission for the Prevention of Corruption
- Office of the Representation of the Republic of Armenia before the European Court of Human Rights
Some of the participants have already decided to repatriate and move to Armenia with their families.